Friday 30 August 2013

Who loves ya, baby?



Hang on, this just doesn’t sound right.  How can someone be cheaper, yet more effective than a consultant?


It’s the truth.  And it’s fast-becoming the realisation of many small and medium businesses in Australia that have simply had enough of the ‘help’ they’ve been getting.


Here’s what they tell me:


      -          ‘I’m sick of feeling that I’m in a race to the bottom’.

      -          ‘I need help, but I want more bang-for-my-buck’.

      -          ‘Advice just doesn’t cut-it for me anymore, that’s why I’ve stopped getting help’.


Only a different breed of person would enjoy taking on the accountability of working under those challenging conditions.


They are out there.  They are the Kojaks of the business world.


Tenacious and tough, these people have walked the beat.  Forget office politics and bureaucracy.  They are candid - with heart and feeling.


There’s no consulting-speak.  Its man-in-the-street speak.


The type of person that throws the ‘book of consulting poetry’ onto the back seat rolls up the sleeves and says “let’s get this done”.


When the chips are down that’s who you want watching your back.


Someone that’s willing to transfer their knowledge and experience - that will deliver results fast; and close the door on the way out.


Who loves ya?  Interim Managers love ya, baby.



No comments: