Friday 9 August 2013

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Got chatting in a group at a recent food industry function.
Inevitably, the conversation turned to ‘tough times’ as always happens these days.
I remarked that a major positive of being under pressure, is small and medium business owners will have a much better understanding of how their businesses operate.
A business owner was quick to responded “I only see negatives in negatives.  There are no positives when things are negative.”
This comment startled me.  I have a keen interest in the human aspect of being in business.
It reminded me of the importance of self-speak / self-talk.
Self-esteem and confidence can have a major impact on how a business is going.  Whether you are the Board, management or employee – everyone should practice positive self-speak.
It’s virtually impossible to navigate stormy waters with a bucket over your head.
If your business has a positive ‘inner voice’ you will be amazed how quickly the tone and culture will change.
Then, even more amazing, is how quickly your business will start seeing positive results, in what you thought to be tough times.
It’s certainly not easy to maintain and takes practice.  After 2.5 years into my new business, studying an MBA and IVF I can personally vouch for that.
But I highly recommend it and my business would have failed a long time ago without it.
I mentor other businesses and it’s one of the first things I talk about.

Thanks for hanging-out at my blog.

If anyone has their own examples of positive self-speak they use or a time when positive self-speak changed a perceived outcome, personal or business, I would love to hear it.

Just use the comments section below.

Speaking of being positive, if you like my blog feel-free to share it around your own networks.

Happy Friday everyone.

No comments: