Monday 4 June 2012

Packaging gone mad.

I must admit that when I ordered our new accounting software from MYOB online, I wondered what was going to be in the box - given it's size.

Guess what - a big fat nothing!




The box is held into shape with a framework of more cardboard.

Come on MYOB - you could have sent me the disk and booklet in a nice envelope.

How is it that in 2012, leading products are still getting away with wasteful packaging like this?

I guess in some ways the carbon tax will force many companies to re-think their packaging (emission) strategies - and will provide them funding to do it.


Less packaging = less carbon tax.

I see a huge CSR marketing opportunity for MYOB - can they?

1 comment:

Sunbury Gymnastics Admin said...

Hi JL....Balak has the ability for you to download the disc........the cardboard box may be a reflection on what MYOB thinks of the chances of Aussie Post delivering it in one piece. I bet the user manual is a download and print at your cost.